Wordless Wednesday: Winters in my hometown, Kashmir

4:26 PM Priyanka 25 Comments





kanger, kangri, or kangar, a pot filled with hot embers used by Kashmiris beneath their traditional clothing to keep the chill at bay

The pinkish colored salted tea called "noon chai" or "sheer chai"
 The traditional kashmiri green tea made with saffron, spices, and almonds or walnuts, here served with one of many forms of mouth savoring Kashmiri breads.

The traditional winter wear: Pheren


 The famous Persian poet, Firdaus had said of Kashmir, 
Agar Firdaus bar ru-e-zamin ast, Hami ast o- hami ast o- hami ast.
meaning, 
If there is heaven on earth, it is here, it is here, it is here..

You Might Also Like

25 precious thoughts..:

Tom/Shine. said...

WOW
Kashmir, i got to add that town to my "future world travel" list.
To much beauty.
See ya!

I loved your pictures! Snow in Minnesota just doesn't seem as beautiful. Maybe I need to look harder...or buy a new camera? Thanks for sharing!

AmberFaith said...

Hello! I'm following you from the Thirsty Thursday hop. Would love for you to stop by and follow back, whenever you get the chance! Hope you have a good rest of the week! (:

Best,
Amber @ Beautifully BellaFaith
http://beautifullybellafaith.blogspot.com

Ronni said...

I LOVE this glimpse into your home town, Priyanka! Thank you for sharing!

Nancy said...

Wow, it makes winter look like something to look forward to. I enjoyed your pictures thoroughly!

~April~ said...

I agree, it really looks like heaven on earth... Thanks for sharing with us...
Came by on the Thoughtful Thursday Blog Hop
Following GFC
http://ramblingandadventure.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Good Morning,
Stopping by from Thoughtful Thursday Blog hop... I would love a follow back Jeanobsession.blogspot.com

Wow beautiful pictures and the food looks amazing!! I would love to visit Kashmir some day!

XOXO

Stopping by from the Terrific Thursday Hop. I'm following you by GFC. I'd love if you stopped by my blog too! Have a great day!

Lisa

http://frugalmommieof2.blogspot.com/

Cassie said...

Your home looks wonderful! It is so beautiful. That chai drink looks so yummy! i am a new follower from the Bee Friendly Friday I co-host. I would love a follow back. www.crazycoolwithasideofcrafty.com

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for the follow! Stopping by to follow back. What a beautiful place!!

Katie @ Glamorous Without the Guilt
glamorouswithouttheguilt.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos!


I'm a new GFC follower from the weekend blog hop:) Would love a follow back! There is also a hop going on at my blog:)

http://elizakprints.blogspot.com/

Mrs. Match said...

oh wow, it's so beautiful!!

Unknown said...

I was just reading about Kashmir when I was looking up Cashmere fabric and how it is made. Looks absolutely gorgeous there! I would love to visit!

Thank you for stopping by All Natural Katie and participating in our blog hop! I am following you back!

Anonymous said...

Wow snow!
Never seen it in real life before. Beautiful pictures and yummy dishes.

Thank you for following my blog. I hope you'll like reading my posts :)

Unknown said...

Following you from the Hop, I hope you will follow me back,
http://granitestatesavers.blogspot.com

Tonya said...

Beautiful pictures!!

New follower from the blog hop. Hope you can stop by soon! :) Have a great day!

~ Tonya
Random Deals

MACY said...

beautiful hometown..heaven indeed!
new follower here =)

-Macy
www.maccyy.blogspot.com

Hi! Thank you for participating in the Monday Mingle at ToughCookieMommy.com I am now following you back via GFC and I hope to see you back every Monday.

P.S. Have we connected on Facebook yet?
http://facebook.com/toughcookiemommy

MammaNatty said...

Gorgeous photos! Especially the mountain ones. Stopped by from Planet Weidknecht blog hop :)

Anonymous said...

I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting my own blog and was wondering what all is needed to get set up? I'm assuming having a blog like
yours would cost a pretty penny? I'm not very web savvy so I'm not 100% certain. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Take a look at my website eliminate acne overnight

Anonymous said...

Nice post. I learn something new and challenging on sites I stumbleupon on a daily basis.
It will always be interesting to read articles from other authors and
use something from other web sites.
My site :: fijiunlimited.com

Anonymous said...

This info is invaluable. How can I find out more?
my web page :: get rid of acne fast

I wonder why people link the beauty of Kashmir with winters mostly. Kashmir looks amazing in all seasons, especially autumn. I've been living here since 1998 and I find Kashmir beautiful each and every day.

Anonymous said...

some of the most spectacular pictures those were! i fell in love with JnK on my trip there and now my heart goes out for the state cause of the grave mishap.